Friday, May 7, 2010

Road trip to New York, Washington DC/Virginia and Orlando (Florida)

I visited with my family to New York, Virginia/Washington DC and Orlando(Florida) from April 9 to 23.

Our plane, from Madrid, landed in John F. Kennedy Internal Airport (New York) on April 9 at 19h. The time to take the rental car and to bring kids to the restroom, we left to Virginia at 21h. We were a little bit behind the schedule as I told our friends in Virginia that we will arrive between 12h and 1h. I tried to speed up as much as possible but the traffic around New York/New Jersey on Friday night was terribly heavy and I had to stop regularly to pay high way toll. After about 2 hours drive, the traffic was stopped by the road construction. Everybody in the car slept deeply while I started to get more and more tired. I took about 10 minutes break.

After the break, we continued our road until Virginia. We arrived at Rith and Rathana's house at about 1h45. A little bit late for them.




View Larger Map

I woke up every early and discussed with Rith and Rathana. It was nice to meet them again after 14 years for Rith and 26 years for Rathana.

After breakfast we went to pick up our friend Marin and then went together to Cambodian Embassy in Washington DC where they did a reception for Khmer New Year.







After lunch, we came back to Rith & Ratana's house and then left for Florida at 4 PM.
Coming next: road trip to Florida where I was stopped by Highway police...

No comments: